Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Garden, Interrupted

While I was away from home for two months during summer, the intense heat and the sparse watering did most of my plants in. I came back to a browned, burnt, and ruined garden that left me totally depressed.

Of all my pots, only some varieties showed some signs of life, and have since revived. I thought it would be good to share with you all the names of all those toughies who pulled through the summer despite adverse circumstances. For the record, the survivors are: Jade, Portulaca varieties, Lily varieties, and Aloe Vera. One big hurrah for them! :)


While the rains brought on fresh blooms all around, my distressed plants were still languishing... and I was losing all hope of seeing any blooms this season. Till this past weekend, when my day lilies sprout forth! And now the portulaca is budding. :)

Hope floats now, once again!! :D

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin